Division of Health Care Financing Policy (HFP)
The Division of Health Care Financing Policy (HFP) is responsible for research, policy analysis and evaluation of HHS’s health financing programs, primarily Medicare, and policies affecting health care financing, delivery system reform and health care costs. Relevant topic areas include:
- Evaluation methods and strategies;
- Health care sector financing;
- Medicare financial status;
- Medicare Advantage (Part C) and Medicare prescription drug benefit (Part D);
- Medicare fee-for-service payment and coverage policy (e.g., physicians, post-acute, hospice); and
- Monitoring and evaluation of Medicare efficiency and value based purchasing reforms.