Based on interviews with 12 individuals with experience designing, providing, and receiving training and technical assistance (TA), this brief outlines six elements necessary for creating engaging training and TA, summarizes how designers and providers might measure recipients’ engagement, and presents concrete strategies for providers to make training and TA engaging. It also emphasizes how to work with recipients to gather and incorporate their input on the training and TA they will receive.
- Developing Equitable Training and Technical Assistance
- Improving the Design, Targeting, and Effectiveness of Training and Technical Assistance: A Learning Agenda
- How to Assess and Address Technical Assistance Needs: Insights from the Literature and Practice
- Improving Human Services Using Virtual Technical Assistance
- Measuring T/TA Effectiveness