In response to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services provided a 2021 Special Enrollment Period (SEP) from February 15 to August 15, 2021. Understanding the sociodemographic composition of Marketplace enrollees allows for better targeted outreach and enrollment assistance. However, many enrollees do not report their race and ethnicity. Using imputation methods, this report presents enrollment distributions for plan selections, enrollment channels, average monthly premiums, and gender by race and ethnicity.
*This content is in the process of Section 508 review. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to Christie Peters, (202)730-8572, christie.peters@HHS.gov. Content will be updated pending the outcome of the Section 508 review.
- Health Coverage Changes From 2020-2021
- Health Insurance Coverage and Access to Care Among Black Americans: Recent Trends and Key Challenges
- Health Insurance Coverage Changes: Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- Health Insurance Coverage and Access to Care Among Latinos: Recent Trends and Key Challenges
- Health Insurance Coverage and Access to Care for American Indians and Alaska Natives: Current Trends and Key Challenges