Over the past 20 years, Medicare and many private payers have transitioned to policies known collectively as value based purchasing (VBP). The COVID-19 pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on health, health care, the economy, and our daily lives over the past 15 months. This report identifies lessons learned from this experience and uses them to consider how future disaster preparedness, response, and resilience (PRR) might be incorporated as we move forward with VBP policies.
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Medicare Beneficiary Utilization and Provider Payments: Fee-For-Service (FFS) Data for 2020
- The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Medicare Beneficiary Use of Health Care Services and Payments to Providers: Early Data for the First 6 Months of 2020
- Risk of Covid-19 Infection, Hospitalization, and Death in Fee-For-Service Medicare
- Medicare Beneficiary Use of Telehealth Visits: Early Data From the Start of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Lessons from Virtual Human Services during COVID-19