This Brief presents information about the risk of needing care and associated costs to provide content for policymakers and others considering long-term care financing proposals. It revises a brief that was written in October 2020.
This research was conducted under contract HHSP233201600024I between HHS/ASPE’s Office of Behavioral Health, Disability, and Aging Policy (BHDAP) and the Urban Institute. Visit the ASPE Long-Term Services & Supports/Long-Term Care page for additional research in this area.
*This content is in the process of Section 508 review. If you need immediate assistance accessing this content, please submit a request to Brenda Veazey, (202) 260-6158, firstname.lastname@example.org. Content will be updated pending the outcome of the Section 508 review.
- Long-Term Services and Supports for Older Americans: Risks and Financing
- Economic Hardship and Medicaid Enrollment in Later Life: Assessing the Impact of Disability, Health, and Marital Status Shocks
- The Risk and Costs of Severe Cognitive Impairment at Older Ages: Literature Review and Projection Analyses
- Projections of Risk of Needing Long-Term Services and Supports at Ages 65 and Older
- The Risk and Costs of Severe Cognitive Impairment at Older Ages: Key Findings from our Literature Review and Projection Analyses Research Brief